TheMostReadBook.org

An English translation of the Quran that is as close as possible to the Arabic sacred text
View active topics
  Verse(s):    
View unanswered posts

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Abrogation bibliography
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 01:05 

There are references in the book by Al-Jabri, which I will post as I read about them. The first is

"No Abrogation in Quran" by Dr. Ahmed Hejazi Al-Saqqa, no publisher or date mentioned.

" لا نسخ في القرآن ", by د. أحمد حجازي السقا .

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 03:31 

Pragmatic wrote:
"No Abrogation in Quran" by Dr. Ahmed Hejazi Al-Saqqa, no publisher or date mentioned.

" لا نسخ في القرآن ", by د. أحمد حجازي السقا .

This book is quoted again in the interpretation of 2:106 (which I will post under that thread) with the best elaboration I have seen based on 2:105. I wonder what are our chances of getting this book. There is no bibliographical information provided by Al-Jabri other than the author name and the book title.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 04:46 
Site Admin

Pragmatic wrote:
" لا نسخ في القرآن ", by د. أحمد حجازي السقا
This book is quoted again in the interpretation of 2:106 (which I will post under that thread) with the best elaboration I have seen based on 2:105. I wonder what are our chances of getting this book. There is no bibliographical information provided by Al-Jabri other than the author name and the book title.

I found a two year old discussion of the book that confirms that Dr. As-Saqqa refuted the abrogation doctrine case by case. The author of that discussion, Ahmad Ash-Shaa`ir, shows how hard it is to find anti-abrogation books! You have to be in Egypt, ride the metro, disembark at the Sayyida station, then walk to a little-known book plaza, called Soor As-Sayyida, located under the Sayyida highway bridge! And if that's not enough, the book he got was transcribed, not printed.

Apparently, however, the book has been printed and published by دار الفكر العربي, Cairo, Egypt, 1978, ISBN 977-306-095-0.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 06:11 

Linguistic wrote:
" لا نسخ في القرآن ", by د. أحمد حجازي السقا
the book has been printed and published.

You are a lifesaver, Linguistic. For reference, here is a pdf file of the book.

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 06:26 

Linguistic wrote:
It also tells the titles of Shaekh Muhammad Al-Ghazaali's book against abrogation, it's نظرات في القرآن.

Al-Jabri quotes Al-Ghazali on page 181 of his book as saying "If abrogation is understood as annulment of a ruling that had been revealed and bringing a new ruling that is more suitable for people or closer to the truth, then this is what I negate completely (نفيا باتا)." The quote is from the above-mentioned book "نظرات في القرآن" so I think we should try to get it.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 01:02 

This is from a post in the Scholars Opinions thread:
Linguistic wrote:
انظر: ص354 من "النسخ في الشريعة الإسلامية كما أفهمه"، نقلا من كتاب "الإيجاز في معرفة ما في القرآن من منسوخ وناسخ" المخطوط بدار الكتب المصرية برقم 1088

It is clear that Al-Jabri's earlier edition has more material than the second edition that I have finished reading. The second edition is just over 200 pages, and it refers to "the second section" that does not exist (maybe the reference has slipped from the first edition) and that is supposedly refuting individual abrogation claims. There was not a single refutation of a claim in the book that I have read.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 06:52 

I found the sixth edition of Al-Ghazali's book

نظرات في القرآن لمحمد الغزالي

as a 'new, polished, revised edition', published by Nahdhat Masr Company in July 2005. The book covers a number of issues about the Quran, and abrogation is discussed on pages 194-211, close to the end of the book.

Post subject: References
PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 05:44 
Site Admin

In this post, I want to compile all the references we used in this project. Please let me know of any references I haven't listed below.

Arabic references:

نواسخ القرآن لابن الجوزي.
الناسخ والمنسوخ في القرآن الكريم لابن حزم الأندلسي.
الناسخ والمنسوخ لأبي القاسم المقري.
الإتقان في علوم القرآن، جلال الدين السيوطي.
تفسير الأصفهاني، د. خضر محمد نبها.
الفوز الكبير في أصول التفسير، أحمد شاه ولي الله الدهلوي، عربه من الفارسية سلمان الحسيني الندوي، الطبعة الثالثة 1986، دار الصحوة بالقاهرة.
علم أصول الفقه، أحمد إبراهيم بك، ١٩٣٩، دار الأنصار، القاهرة.
نظرات في القرآن، محمد الغزالي، الطبعة السادسة، مكتبة نهضة مصر، القاهرة، ٢٠٠٥. رقم الإيداع ١٥٣٦٤ / ٢٠٠٣. رقم الإيداع الدولي 9771423916.
النسخ في القرآن الكريم للدكتور مصطفى زيد، طبعة ١٤٢٧هـ ٢٠٠٦م.
مصادر الفقه الإسلامي، محمد أبو زهرة.
أصول الفقه، محمد الخضري بك، المكتبة التجارية الكبرى بمصر.
قواعد في علوم الحديث، ظفر أحمد العثماني التهانوي، الطبعة الثالثة، ١٩٧٢، دار القلم، بيروت، لبنان.
فتح المنان في نسخ القرآن، علي حسن العريض، الطبعة الأولى، ١٩٧٣، مكتبة الخانجي بمصر، رقم الإيداع بدار الكتب ٥١٢٩.
مختصر تفسير ابن كثير، اختصار وتحقيق محمد علي الصابوني، الطبعة السادسة، ١٩٨١، دار القرآن الكريم، بيروت.
لانسخ في القرآن، الدكتور أحمد حجازي السقا، الطبعة الأولى ١٩٧٨، دار الفكر العربي، القاهرة، مصر. رقم الإيداع الدولي 9773060950.
النسخ في القرآن بين الإثبات والنفي، د. عبد المتعال محمد الجبري، ١٩٨٦.
تفسير الشعراوي، محمد متولي الشعراوي، ١٩٩١، دار أخبار اليوم، القاهرة، رقم الإيداع ٣٠٩٢ / ١٩٩١، رقم الإيداع الدولي 9770801119.
الرأي الصواب في منسوخ الكتاب، للأستاذ جواد موسى محمد عفانة، ١٩٩٢.
حقائق الإسلام في مواجهة شبهات المشككين: حقائق حول القرآن الكريم: الكلام المنسوخ، المجلس الأعلى للشئون الإسلامية، وزارة الأوقاف، مصر.
النسخ في القرآن الكريم: مفهومه وتاريخه ودعاواه، الأستاذ الدكتور محمد صالح علي مصطفى. موقع أهل القرآن.
الناسخ والمنسوخ بين فتاوي بن باز وعقلانية ذكريا بطرس، د. نهرو عبد الصبور طنطاوي، الجزء الأول والجزء الثاني، ٢٠٠٦، مجلة الحوار المتمدن، العدد ١٥٢٩.
التبيان لرفع غموض النسخ في القرآن، د. مصطفى إبراهيم الزلمي، ٢٠٠٦، دار وائل للنشر والتوزيع، عمان، الأردن. رقم الإيداع الدولي 9789957114251.
ـ

English references:
The Sources of Islamic Law: Islamic theory of abrogation, John Burton, 1990, Edinburgh University Press. ISBN: 978-0748601080.
Hanafi Doctrine of Naskh (Abrogation), Dr. M. Akram Rana, Hamdard Islamicus, Vol. 22 (1999) No. 3.
Doctrine of Abrogation, AStudyOfQuran.org.
Abrogation, the Biggest Lie Against Quran,, A. Muhammad, submission.org.
On the Theory of Abrogation (Naskh) in the Qur’an, Professor Jeffrey Lang, 2005, TheAmericanMuslim.org.

Post subject: Re: References
PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 07:24 

Linguistic wrote:
In this post, I want to compile all the references we used in this project. Please let me know of any references I haven't listed below.

Excellent idea. Thanks for the effort.

Some of the names I don't recognize as having been used yet (as opposed to identified as something we want to get).

Post subject: Re: References
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 05:55 

Linguistic wrote:
أصول الفقه، محمد الخضري بك، المكتبة التجارية الكبرى بمصر.

This book by Muhammad Al-Khodari discusses abrogation on pages 250-270. In spite of being a short treatment, it provides a lot of condensed information, including commentary on all of Al-Suyuti's abrogation cases. I will comment on the main points in the appropriate threads.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next