TheMostReadBook.org

An English translation of the Quran that is as close as possible to the Arabic sacred text
View active topics
  Verse(s):    
View unanswered posts

Post subject: Verses 41:19-25
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 03:51 

Go to previous segment   Go to next segment

Suggested translation1,2:

-------
1This translation may have been updated from the original suggested translation as a result of the discussions that follow.
2Click on the {verse number} of a translation to see other good translations of the verse.

Go to previous segment   Go to next segment

Post subject: Re: Verses 41:19-25
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 20:34 
Site Admin

Quote:
{41:19} And [mention, O Muhammad], the Day when the enemies of God will be gathered to the Fire while they are [driven] assembled in rows,

I suggest,
{41:19} The Day the enemies of God will be gathered to the Fire - they will be shoved,

Quote:
{41:20} Until, when they reach it, their hearing and their eyes and their skins will testify against them of what they used to do.

I suggest,
{41:20} Until, when they get to it, their hearing, their eyesights and their skins will testify against them of what they have been doing.

Quote:
{41:21} And they will say to their skins, "Why have you testified against us?" They will say, "We were made to speak by God, who has made everything speak; and He created you the first time, and to Him you are returned.

I suggest,
{41:21} And they will say to their skins, "Why have you testified against us?" They will say, "God had us speak, who had everything speak; and He created you the first time, and to Him you are returned.

Quote:
{41:22} And you were not covering yourselves, lest your hearing testify against you or your sight or your skins, but you assumed that God does not know much of what you do.

I suggest,
{41:22} And you have not been ensconcing [lest] your hearing should testify against you or your eyesights or your skins; rather, you assumed that God does not know much of what you do.

Quote:
{41:23} And that was your assumption which you assumed about your Lord. It has brought you to ruin, and you have become among the losers."

I suggest,
{41:23} And that your assumption which you assumed about your Lord, it condemned you, thus you have become among the losers."

Quote:
{41:24} So [even] if they are patient, the Fire is a residence for them; and if they ask to appease [God], they will not be of those who are allowed to appease.

I suggest,
{41:24} So [even] if they are patient, the Fire is a lodge for them; and if they seek an appeal, they will not be of those granted an appeal.

Quote:
{41:25} And We appointed for them companions who made attractive to them what was before them and what was behind them [of sin], and the word has come into effect upon them among nations which had passed on before them of jinn and men. Indeed, they [all] were losers.

I suggest,
{41:25} And We appointed for them peers [who] embellished for them what was before them and what was behind them [of sin], and the Utterance has come due upon them among nations which had passed on before them of sprites and men. Verily, they were losers.