TheMostReadBook.org

An English translation of the Quran that is as close as possible to the Arabic sacred text
View active topics
  Verse(s):    
View unanswered posts

Post subject: Verses 2:159-162
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 08:19 

Go to previous segment   Go to next segment

Suggested translation1,2:

-------
1This translation may have been updated from the original suggested translation as a result of the discussions that follow.
2Click on the {verse number} of a translation to see other good translations of the verse.

Go to previous segment   Go to next segment

Post subject: Re: Verses 2:159-162
PostPosted: 15 May 2010, 05:34 
Site Admin

Quote:
{2:159} Indeed, those who conceal what We sent down of clear proofs and guidance after We made it clear for the people in the Scripture - those are cursed by God and cursed by those who curse,

I suggest,
{2:159} Verily, those who suppress what We sent down of clear proofs and guidance after We made it clear for the people in the Book - those, God accurses them and the accursing accurse them,

Quote:
{2:160} Except for those who repent and correct themselves and make evident [what they concealed]. Those - I will accept their repentance, and I am the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

I suggest,
{2:160} Except those who repented, reformed and clarified [what they suppressed]. Those - I accept their repentance, and I am the Oft-Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

Quote:
{2:161} Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - upon them will be the curse of God and of the angels and the people, all together,

I suggest,
{2:161} Verily, those who have disbelieved and died while they are disbelievers - upon them is the curse of God, the angels and the people, altogether,

Quote:
{2:162} Abiding eternally therein. The punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be reprieved.

I suggest,
{2:162} Lasting therein. Torment is not lightened for them, nor are they reprieved.